Feeling overwhelmed by medical terminology? Grab a lifeline: the newly updated Medical Terminology Made Incredibly Easy!®, 4th Edition offers clear and simple explanations of vital terms and their everyday use in nursing practice.
Backed by humor and chock full of illustrations, this enjoyable text is the perfect backup to class materials and the ideal on-the-job refresher for experienced nurses and all healthcare professionals. Learn how to decipher complex terms from the roots up—and take your confidence to a whole new level.
Be expertly guided through the choppy waters of medical terminology …
- NEW and updated content clarifies medical terminology concepts with clear definitions and illustrations
- Explains the meanings, roots, and pronunciation of terms as used in everyday practice, including:
- Names for all major body systems: skeletal, muscular, integumentary, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary, reproductive, neurologic, endocrine, blood and lymphatic, and sensory systems
- Terms and phrases used in maternal health, pharmacology, and mental health
- Breaks down complex medical terms into recognizable components—common prefixes, roots, and suffixes—to help you identify the meaning of any term
- Offers a strong anatomy and physiology overview backed by numerous images, including a large image of each organ system
- Chapter features provide learning aids and on-the-unit support:
- Just the facts —quick summary of chapter content
- Vocabulary builders —end-of-chapter games such as crossword puzzles, matching roots and prefixes to their correct meanings, and fill-in-the-blank sentences to help you retain learningPump up your pronunciation —phonetic spellings make it easy to pronounce complex termsAnatomically speaking —anatomy illustrations, with pronunciations of key termsMemory jogger —stories and tools that support retention“Nurse Joy”and “Jake” —explain key concepts and offer friendly problem-solving tipsBeyond the dictionary —learn the origins of words, to help you remember word roots and dissect meaningsThe real world —explains informal terms used in daily practice